Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Ultimate Battery

"It keeps going, and going, and going!" 

This is the energizer bunny slogan. No matter what energizer bunny commercial you watch on television you will find that despite the conflicts, obstacles, or adventures- "it keeps going, and going, and going."

Just as the energizer battery continues to keep the bunny going, we must let our faith in Jesus Christ (The Ultimate Battery) propel us forward through the difficult times in our lives. 

I love the words of a modern prophet of God, Thomas S. Monson, who said simply enough: "My beloved brothers and sisters, fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith;" and so it is.

I know that despite the natural disasters, political concerns, and everyday trials in life; we can be assured that through our faith in Jesus Christ- we will be okay. In my personal life I have seen my family and myself endure difficult things and it has always been through our faith in the Savior that we have had enough energy to just "[keep] going, and going, and going." 

Those who exercise faith in Jesus Christ by keeping his commandments and enduring to the end- like the energizer bunny- will receive "the greatest gift of God..." (D&C 14:7)

Eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment