Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Revealed Answers to Life's Great Questions

Questions of the soul may include such questions as these: Is there really a God? Did I exist before I was born? Will I live after I die? What is the purpose of life? Is Jesus really the Savior? Other questions may focus on more temporal needs: How can I improve my relationship with my spouse? How can I find work to support my family?

The Gospel of Jesus Christ helps us answer both kinds of questions. The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ, particularly, addresses questions such as these:


- Is there a God? (Alma 22)
- What does Jesus Christ expect of me? (2 Nephi 9)
- How can a belief in Jesus Christ help me? (Alma 36)
- Is there life after death (Alma 40)
- What is the purpose of life? (Alma 34)
- Why does God allow evil and suffering to occur? (2 Nephi 2; Alma 14: 9-11; Alma 60:13)
- Does my infant need to be baptized? (Moroni 8)
- Does God know me? (Alma 5: 38,58)
- Does God answer prayers? (Enos 1)
- How can I find peace and joy? (Mosiah 2,4)
- How can my family be happier and more united? (Mosiah 2)
- How can I balance my family and career? (3 Nephi 13)
- How can I strengthen my relationship with my spouse? (3 Nephi 14)
- How can I avoid the evils that threaten my family? (Alma 39)
- How can I avoid sin? (Helaman 5)



The list of questions goes on. However, I hope these commonly asked questions and the references to where, in the Book of Mormon they are answered will help any and all who read this article. I know the the words contained the in the Book of Mormon are true. They are the Word of God; just as the Bible.

As one reads the Book of Mormon with the guidance of the Spirit, it helps us answer personal questions. The pages contained within teaches that prayer and revelation are the key to solving particular problems. Thus, helping us have faith that God will answer our prayers.

As one begins to understand the principles and ordinances of the gospel of Jesus Christ, he/she appreciates that these principles help answer any question and fill any need. For example, he/she understands that repentance, forgiveness, and the covenant to serve others are essential in improving relationships with one's spouse. That faith in Christ, accepting and keeping covenants, and following the promptings of the Spirit can help teenagers avoid the powerful temptations that surround them.

It is when one applies the principles and ordinances of the Gospel of Jesus Christ that he/she finds peace and joy in his/her life and in the life to come. Prophets since the beginning of time have testified of it. I testify of it. After applying the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, I have seen it work within me bringing peace and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment