Saturday, October 15, 2011

Leaving others to Serve the Lord

Among the many difficult moments that a missionary experiences is heeding the Lord's call to serve new people in a new location. Recently the spirit of the Lord called me away to Laurel, MT. So in loving memory of the wonderful experiences that took place, I thought I would share a few of them with you.

One of the more memorable experiences of service was helping fix the sewage/ holding tank at our homeowners place! It was a tough job but with the help of everyone we got the job done relatively fast (roughly 45 minutes).

Fixing our homeowner's sewage system

I was praying hard that they
wouldn't drop me!


In Addition, I had the opportunity to introduce several people to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and watch them enter into the waters of baptism! Their continued strength and testimony in this latter-day work has been an inspiration for all that know them.
After Tabitha's baptism
Before Juan's baptism


Juan and Tabitha together after both
having entered baptism
Before Moises' Baptism
Before Jared's Baptism






There were also many other random things that will be remembered from my time there such as the following:
This particular chicken was mauled
by a dog. So we took the opportunity
to help someone feed their family
(The owner's invited us to help)
These sunflowers were 6 feet tall and they went on for
a mile along the highway as we drove
 to district meetings
once a week.



I know that as we choose to serve others - friendships are forged, memories are molded, and the Spirit of God is strengthened in our lives. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer; the long awaited Messiah. Lastly, I know that there is GREAT joy in sharing that message with those around us!   


No comments:

Post a Comment